My Back To Front Planted Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jonnyuk

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i've made a rather silly mistake when rescaping my tank. in my haste to get it all up and running again i have put my plants in back to front. by this i mean i have made the front of my tank the back and the back the front :blush:

so now the front of the tank has two seems down each side instead of a nice one piece rounded corner front. this is not really a problem but i have noticed that the inside of the back of the tank is a mirror.

since putting my fish they have been swimming up and down the glass like loonies, could the reason be that all they can see is a reflection of the inside and of them selves?

will it make any difference if i redo the tank (this will be a major job as everything will need replanting etc).

can you post a pic?

i'm intrigued.

this is a pic of the outside of the tank, facing it (my plants are now looking allot more healthy)

P8240439.jpg

notice the seems down each edge. this should be the back of the tank. the inside of the glass has a mirror effect, you can't see through it. will it be stressing the fish or will it make no odds.

i'm not too bothered about how the tank looks from the outside at the min. i will move stuff around in a month or so.

now now bro that wasnt a very cleaver thing to do now was it. typical Jonny trait, such a boob. :lol:

ive know put my tank the right way round, basically had to drain the tank, replant everything etc. was worth doing though as it now looks better. gave me a chance to trim all the plants.

P9100471.jpg

P9100462.jpg

i'm happy with it been my first scape, only been interested in fish for about 8 weeks. i don't think it follows any design paths but turned out ok.
i was going for a jungle clearing look with a structure in the clearing (the ones you see on TV with a old temple overgrown by the jungle)

i have an external filter for when i move the tank into the lounge, once i get rid of the internal filter it will allow the tall plants at the back to sit up straight (currently they are leaning forward as the current pushes them over) and just tidy up the back of the tank.

quick question, slightly of topic. i have 4 small mollies that i took in because there original home was over populated. my lfs don't want them and none of my friends/family can take them. what should i do with them?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back