My 64L tank (14 gallons)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ManderPanda

Reaction score
So I want to stock my new fish tank with new fish but i'm worried about overstocking it. Right now I have 4 neon tetras, 2 honey gouramis and 3 Panda cory catfish. I want to add in 2 more neon tetras and add 6 rasbora harlequins. Is that too much or is it fine? Thank you

You *do* need to add the 2 more neons, as they are a shoaling species and need to be in a group of at least 6. But same goes for the panda corys. You need to have at least 6 of those as well.

Once you bring the neons and corys up to 6 each, I think your tank will be full, and you won't have room for the harlequins. It's better to have your existing fish in shoals than it is to add more species.

Ok, i think i'll do that. So if the tank has 6 catfish, 6 neons and 2 honey gouramis, it won't be overstocked?

It’ll be full for sure. But it’s better than adding another entire shoaling species. Just add the fish you need to complete your existing shoals, no more. If you can save up for a bigger tank then when you eventually get it (and cycle it) you can move everyone into it and add some harlequins.

I agree with adding the cories and neons. And no rasbora. Floating plants will help too. And obviously regular (once a week) partial water change of 50% of the tank volume. Be careful not to overfeed.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back