My 420L/110G

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gidge

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Mixed Cichlid tank. Just recently rescaped. 

I am not a purist, I do mix the lakes, I understand they prefer different water etc. All fish in Western Australia are bred here, in the same water, we do not get wilds. All my fish are more then happy, absolutely no aggression. 

If you have any suggestions and comments, they are more then welcome!

Cichlidfinal.jpeg

If you are interested in reading the journal, you can find it here http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/406212-cichlid-re-scape/

Lovely, what is the fish in the middle with the blue face?  Is he the only one of that species in there?

Are they all Cichlids with Clown Loaches?

RCA said:
Lovely, what is the fish in the middle with the blue face?  Is he the only one of that species in there?

Are they all Cichlids with Clown Loaches?
I've been told it's a Kandango, but I'm not entirely sure. Would love someone to ID it for me. I rescued this guy from a terrible fish shop. Since being in my tank for the last 6 months he's showing some beautiful colours. 

And yes, all Cichlids with Clown Loaches. I'm trying to increase my school of Loaches, but all I seem to find are real sickly looking ones at the moment!

I've been told it's a Kandango, but I'm not entirely sure. Would love someone to ID it for me. I rescued this guy from a terrible fish shop.
Since being in my tank for the last 6 months he's showing some beautiful colours.

Thanks, yes he looks interesting and well done for "rescuing him", glad he is rewarding you with colours.  Can you take a close up picture of him and post it?

Another way I have found to quickly see what a fish looks like is to Google the fish name, then when the results show, click on IMAGES at the top of the page.  Then there should be pages and pages of them, and you can see if it looks like your fish, LIKE THIS.  If you find one like him in amongst all the images, click on the image and it will show a sub-screen at the bottom, then click on, VIEW ORIGINAL IMAGE, that will give you a URL to share - LIKE THIS.

Sorry if you already know the above, but if not I hope it is useful
yes.gif

Look forward to seeing a pic of him.

I had a quick Google just a minute a go. It doesn't really look like him. His red extends to his fins, not just on his body. I personally thought he was a peacock of some variety. 

I found a picture of him from some time ago. Before he got as beautiful as he is now 
blush.png

7ac15f3d-e95d-4752-a332-ec785967ac40.jpg

looks like a cichlid shaped, inverted colour rummynose tetra :D

Tek oot.

TekFish said:
looks like a cichlid shaped, inverted colour rummynose tetra
biggrin.png

Tek oot.
Haha he does a bit!

That's him! He's a real beauty! Would love to find some more of him. 

It's pretty dark so it's hard for me to see, but I think it looks good. I am not a cichlid person and I prefer heavily planted tanks, but I think this looks very attractive!

This Old Spouse said:
It's pretty dark so it's hard for me to see, but I think it looks good. I am not a cichlid person and I prefer heavily planted tanks, but I think this looks very attractive!
Well that's a very big complement thank you! I tried to darken up the tank a bit for my Frontosa, he's much happier and loves his new dark caves. 

Maedhros said:
Oh wow!  Your peacock is a beauty 
drool.gif

Gorgeous tank, Gidge.
 Thank you very much! It's nice to get some feedback. I had been dreaming of doing this tank for so long and hoping it would turn out exactly as I had imagined it!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back