My 10 Gallon Freshwater

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

And today a a little pod on my plant opened up. Still not sure what entirely it is, but my guess is a seed pod. Attached is a pic.

Attachments

• 20161209_153337.jpg
    20161209_153337.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 203
The ramshorms are beneficial. I have tons in my 10g they eat algae and dead plant material. Interesting to watch. Some have great coloring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The ramshorms are beneficial...
Hmm.. they seem to be more of an exploding hindrance than a help. After I acquired my first one, Joe, about 6 weeks later I found snail eggs. After that the snail population exploded.

By the way, how long does it take for a snail to grow big enough to lay eggs? Can they lay them once they're born, or at that point are they still too juvenile to do so?

I dont have a clue. They reach sexual maturity young. I have pond, ramshorn, and mts. I suspect I have at least 50 in a 10g.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

20170104_170157.jpg
Poor Max's tail has gotten much worse. He has spasms every once in a while, where where his spine spine will freeze up and he will start panicking. Attached is a photo of his very crooked spine.

Bought a new water siphon today. On the first use, the water in the bucket turned dark brown. I think, after seeing how much junk there was in there, I'm going to vacuum again tomorrow. It was kind of a scary amount.

Aww your Anubias is flowering, cool.
You stole my gravel LOL

I have not vacuumed the gravel in my tanks for over 6 months, I just cant see the point of throwing away all those plant nutrients, However I do have Malaysian trumpet snails, I love snails.
Life Cycle of the Ramshorn Snail
http://ramshornsnails.com/life-cycle.html

The only plants I've ever been disappointed with were the Asian Water Fern and something I don't know much about. They both just float up to the top, making the tank look extremely unkempt and hindering my filter intake.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back