Mr. Quasimodo

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

jollysue

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
This is Mr. Quasimodo. He was a gift from a member some may remember, Synirr, some time ago. I don't remember how long.
P4101000MrQuasimoto4-11-08.jpg

Mr. Quasi has a crooked spine.
P4101002MrQuasiiscrooked4-11-08.jpg

He tells everyone it is just his bowl that looks crooked.
P4101003Itelleveryoneitisthebowl4-1.jpg

"This is my bowl!"
P4101005HeyThisismybowl4-11-08.jpg

"I was sent as Miss Quasi, but I am all Betta Boy!"
P4101005IamallBettaboy4-11-08.jpg

"What?! I am crooked! So?! Gotta love me!"
P4101007MrQuasiSoWhatIamcrooked4-11.jpg

"Hey! I am sooo lovable. Did you come to feed me?"
P4101009MrQuasi-HeyYouFeedme4-11-08.jpg

Peek-A-Boo
P4101010-MrQuasipeek-a-boo4-11-08.jpg

"I have one blue eye. See?"
P4101016-4-11-08MQuasi.jpg

He's gorgeous... unique. It's one of the main reasons I like bettas and livebearers most - with most other species, they all look the same.

I am suprised he lived into adult hood so far. But the face gets me, how could you not love that face. I hope he has a long and happy life with you.

Thanks, Betta folks.

Don't feel sorry for Quasi. He is a very happy personable little fish. He does not seem to experience any pain. Only I think he would like a little more action than he gets in the bathroom. I would like to put him in the fish room, but I would put off carrying his bowl for changes, so he is safer in the bathroom.

He and I are very happy that he was not culled. From his face I do not think he would ever suspect any such unkindness. He is very naive.

Mr. Quasi was shipped to me from Texas in November '06 by Priority Mail. He was at least 3 months old when he was shipped. So he is over a 1 and 1/2 years old. I looked it up for you all. B-)

The very experienced breeder thought he was a girl! LOL. I suspected he was a boy when he started making very nice big bubble nests. A few months later he flaired at me! :- He made me very proud and gave both his mommies, Synirr and I, a giggle.

Mr. Quasi has matured very slowly, so he actually may live longer. He is probably not 2". I assume his color is supposed to change some day. The dark trim took a very long time.

he could stay that color its pretty anyway if he is allready 1 then he will probally hava a normal life span,, the sick one usually just dont make it very long so happy betta!!!1

Oh Sue he is lovely. I have had 2 with bent spines. Both adopted from a breeder when I bought another. Both of mine lived 18 months to 2 years so you are doing great with him. As you said great personalities. My first one used to live in a plastic long box, but he bubble nested and was very lively. He used to get sb issues though so I had to watch his diet :good:

Thanks, for stopping to look at Quasi. He appreciates all the kind words.

liz2: I don't know how his spine got bent , but I would suspect the black spot on his pedicule. I think an accident must have happened.

It is interesting to me that the special guys and girls are remembered. Synirr has bred many. many Bettas--although I don't know if she still does. But I posted his pics for her where she hangs now. She remembered him well.

He has no problems with anything. He seems to swim fine--although I tried the Python in his bowl, and he was no match for the suction. He was quite rattled. But he was soon eating like any greedy little Betta. I feed him live blackworms several times week, Atison's Betta Pro, as his staple, and Hikari Betta Gold or whatever occasionally and he fasts regularly--usually when his bowl needs changing.

I would have said pouty face, wendywc. :wub: with his little Betta pout lip stuck out. ;)

I am a good Boy. I am posing nice for Mommy's friends
P4101000IamposinggoodforMommytoday4.jpg

This Is my bowl! I patrol it like a good Betta.
P4101001Mybowl4-11-08.jpg

Sometimes I am a pouty boy. Mommy thinks it's cute!
-poutyface4-11-08.jpg

But wendywc thinks I am a grumpy Betta Boy.
P4101007poutyface.jpg

This is me last year in a Betta cup! Of all things... (Before the camera upgrade.)
070107054-2.jpg

070107077-2.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back