Moving tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Taylortheshadow

Reaction score
what is your guys best idea for moving about 10 fish from a 40G Breeder to a 90G ( 48x18x24 ) which is about 40F away from where the 40 is currently sitting.

My lfs said to put them in a bucket, then put them in the bags provided, then wait about 30-40mins of them being floating in the 90 before putting them into the 90 ( also making sure the temp stays about 75/77*

Also, with my tank I have a 48/60" LED plant light with a K of 7500( it goes to about 10,000k on 100% status ). With my current plant population mostly bamboo shoots and Anubis fern and swords. What other plants would be good for this tank that I'm trying to do?

Edit ---- fish are Gourmis, flying fox, Corydoras catfish, and 6 Bichirs about 1-2Inch whitelist the biggest fish I have is about 5inch....... added with a crab, clam and a bamboo shrimp for filter feeders

If it's the same water parameters for both tanks and you make sure they are the same temperature...I would just get a small bucket of water from the 90 gallon and take it over to the other tank. Net the fish into the bucket and then dump into the 90. There isn't really a need to acclimate unless things are drastically different. You could do this a few times if you didn't want to put too many of the stock together in a small area like the bucket. I can't help with the plants and lights though, sorry.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back