Moved tank - guppies at top

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Henhead78

Reaction score
I transferred 2 guppies, 1 tetra 1 penguin tetra and a bottlenose catfish (small) and a few juvenile round snails from a 24L tank to a 94L

The 94 was 2nd hand and was a marine tank. Which I cleaned thoroughly.

I put new gravel (washed) and a good few handfuls from The original tank.

I have a new fluval U1 (55L) which I added media from my original trickle filter. It also has the 2nd filter from my original tank with media a stingray 10 (37L)

Put in some decor from tank and a new 150w heater there is also a 2 blade wave maker also.

Within 24 hours my tetra and penguin died and my guppies are swimming at top.

My catfish and snail seem to be Ok

I have performed at least 50% water changes every 12 hours or so for the last 3 days.and the guppies will swim the entire tank for a few hours and then return and stay at top.

I can't see the levels reaching high enough to affect them in such a short space of time with so little fish.

The temps are fine and I have even turned off the wave maker incase it was too strong.

I am going away for 2 days so they won't have any water changes till Thursday now

Any ideas why they are behaving this way

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There is something in the water that is stressing them out.

I would move them back into the small tank until you get back after Thursday and then flush the big tank out and set it up again.

Make sure you use a dechlorinator to remove chlorine/ chloramine before adding the water to the tank.

Check the water chemistry and post some pics of the fish and tank and we might be able to see something that is causing the problems :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back