Mollies with American Cichlids

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ron

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could put Mollies in with my American cichlids. I've never tried that before. I have Blood Parrots, Firemouths, Pink Con, Blue Ram. Thanks!

mollies are semi agressive, so with the rams and fire mouths Id think yes. But with the others Id say no. Maybe if they were full grown, to like the 6 inch size.

But some mollies are so agressive that theyd probly be able to stand up to the convicts and blood parrets. But I wouldnt risk it.

My Parrots are big babies. The only thing I might have a problem with is with my Male Con. I have a 20 gallon quarentine/hospital tank that I don't really want to use, but if things don't go well, I always have that to fall back on. Thanks, wrs ;)

no problem.

if you do try it, watch the fish first that you will put in the tank. Make sure its a bad one and has harrased or killed fish, especially ones that are more agressive and bigger that it. Then you know that it will be able to defend itself with the Male Con. I had a molly that killed an african cichlid, so I know that if I wanted to put it in with those fish you mentioned it would definetly beable to defend itself.

It depends on the molly. Right now I have a full grown molly and two juveniles in my 55 gallon with some firemouth juveniles. The firemouths are more wimpy then the mollies! These two inch long mollies chase off the 3 inch firemouths! Its really quite entertaining.

thats because fire mouths are meek. Theyre also supposed to be whimpy like oscers are.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back