Mollies And Cichlids?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pics are a breeze. Just go wherever you have them stored and copy the IMG link. Then come here and paste it in as so much text. It works on almost any forum and comes out like this.

This betta shared my endler tank for over 4 years so forget all about those mean nasty bettas. He was as docile as they come and would feed on flake food along with the endler fry.

I have Mollies and Platys with 2 Firemouth's, The adult Mollies and Platys fine the Firemouths do not touch them, But most of the fry get eaten  and the Firemouths get fat.

The cichlids will take the fry but that's kind of a good thing as molly's ect can be prolific breeders a friend of mine started with 3 a couple of months ago now he has over 20 but he brought an angel fish to keep numbers down and seems to be working so in my opinion some cichlids are great for this not all tho as some are really aggressive :)

A friend gave me this baby cichlid. I did research and it look like and juvenile cichlid. But i have it in a 35 gallon tropical tank with guppy, molly, shark, and zebre danio. He chilling now and no body got hurt

A friend gave me this baby cichlid. I did research and it look like and juvenile cichlid. But i have it in a 35 gallon tropical tank with guppy, molly, shark, and zebre danio. He chilling now and no body got hurt

This could change as the fish matures.

You need to identify the actual species as soon as possible, or your could have big problems ahead.

Hi Stephanie and welcome to the forum :)

If you start a new thread (this one is from a couple of years ago) and post a picture of your cichlid, we should be able to ID it for you. Most cichlids are fine when young but as they mature they can start to become a problem. :)

hi im new here, but anyway i was wondering will mollies get along with sa/ca cichlids?

grateful for any info
Hi I am new here but I saw this thread and though I'd throw in my own 2 cents for what it's worth. I keep mollies with kribensis cichlids in a community tank and they seem to get along just fine. I have a roughly 4ft*2ft*2ft aquarium which I have kept both species in for more than 2 years now and both have even bred successfully in that time. Kribeneis fish seem to love caves/pipes etc. where as the Molly fish seem to prefer the open water so they don't really get in the way. I'm sure there is far more experience in here than I can offer but this is my own experience.

Back to the subject at hand. I find that the smaller cichlids do fine with mollies. Some small ones that work OK are angels and rainbow cichlids. Angels are SA cichlids and Herotilapia multispinosa, rainbows, are CA cichlids. It would help a lot if we knew what the cichlids are that we are talking about. Can you post a picture and maybe we can identify them.

This is the Herotilapia that I was talking about. Adult size is only about 5 inches.
6Rainbows800b.jpg
Hi i have Angelfish with African Cichlids at the moment they all seem fine

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back