Mollie may be pregnant but i,m not sure

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BIGMAC

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi could anyone give me a little info and advice please. I have 2 mollies i did have 3 but one died only a week after getting them.I have a silver mollie and a dalmation mollie,theres defo a male and female.The silver mollie (female)seems much fatter than the male also she has a dark spot on her body which i believe is a sign of it been pregnant.For a few days she has been what we thaught doing a lot of small dark poos :*) sorry i know it sounds awfull but it,s like almost constantly and as she is doing this the male is swimming up and rubbibg himself against her and then eating the poo (yuk) as it somes out or thats what it looks like,and he is constantly chasing her round. So does it sound like she is pregnant or maybe she is aborting the fry i have no idea.Any advice please?
Sue :huh:

Take a closer look at the "poo's" and see if they resemble anything poo-like, she could be giving birth to live fry none the less but it does sound like she is aborting...

I been keeping a close watch on my mollie the poo stuff is definatly nothing like fry it just looks like dark poo :blush: it seemed to stop doing it for a day but it has started again today and the mollie still has a very dark patch on her body :dunno:

Pregnant fish will often poo alot in the coming days before they give birth, i get ready for some fry soon then :thumbs:

Thanks for your reply i will keep my fingers crossed and a close eye on the fish.
Thanks Sue :flowers:

ooo i know exactly whats going on! my mollie did the same thing and then like 50 babies poped out after like 3 days of this!
what she is doing is like releasing her amunianotic sac (i dont know how to spell it but its what babies live in when they are in the mommies tummy)
it kinda looks weird but yea she isnt aborting her children! ^_^ im a molly breeder so yea any questions ALWAYS ask me!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back