Moeys_aquarium

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

moey006

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here new to fish keeping also I'm doing it for 5 months maybe and loving it I have a Instagram page it's called moeys_aquarium
26929dd031ffcccc0924029664573cf9.jpg
ba6761734d4a95a989211b709e6f78fd.jpg
c8dbd967f5c069946e6e68779066b796.jpg
d4fde30af9c19cc75f53f55aaf53d399.jpg
ea1ba65f3a1839037027d5972136c1d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

hi and welcome to the forum :)

what's the fish in the bottom/ last picture? It looks like a gourami/ labyrinth but what species?

Thanks it's a Sphaerichthys vaillanti but it isn't mine it's the only one that now mine looking for it everywhere

The tank looks real nice! Do you keep your pearl gourami with the tiger barbs? Is there any aggression between the two?

If you ever find Sphaerichthys vaillanti, make sure you put them in a separate species tank. They will not do well with the other fishes you have. However, you're probably unlikely to find them due to them being endangered. They might not even be allowed to be collected due to being endangered. Which is kind of stupid in some respects, because if they are left in the wild they will probably become extinct. At least in captivity a few people might breed them.

If you have bigger groups of tetras, they will show up better in the tank. Try to keep barbs and tetras in groups of 10 or more so they can keep each other company and act more naturally.

If you put some Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thallictroides) in the tank, it will float around and make the gouramis and tetras feel more secure. You can also grow the plant in the substrate and it doesn't need anything special to do well, just a bit of light :)

The tank looks real nice! Do you keep your pearl gourami with the tiger barbs? Is there any aggression between the two?
Hey bettares:no not at all maybe they been together for a long time now also but i find any new fish i get the tiger barbs wellcome them by bitting on it tail until they see it not food and then notthing no aggression at all ,but the kissing gourami are aggressive all the time they just want kiss every fish lolzz

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

If you ever find Sphaerichthys vaillanti, make sure you put them in a separate species tank. They will not do well with the other fishes you have. However, you're probably unlikely to find them due to them being endangered. They might not even be allowed to be collected due to being endangered. Which is kind of stupid in some respects, because if they are left in the wild they will probably become extinct. At least in captivity a few people might breed them.

If you have bigger groups of tetras, they will show up better in the tank. Try to keep barbs and tetras in groups of 10 or more so they can keep each other company and act more naturally.

If you put some Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thallictroides) in the tank, it will float around and make the gouramis and tetras feel more secure. You can also grow the plant in the substrate and it doesn't need anything special to do well, just a bit of light :)
Plz let me know if you see sny tho

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

An76 i found them but not with the same markings let me know if you intrested

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back