missing fish what do you all think of it ???

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CLUELESS????

Reaction score
well i have babys black mollys about 3 weeks old i have a alge eater the mother and 2 ghost shrimp now every day i am seeing one baby on top with no tales on them this has been happening for the past 4 days are the shrinp eating the babys becouse i know the mother is not eating them they put them self in her mouth and she spits them out she is a good mom so she dont eat them what do you all think i now have 10 babys in another tank within that tank

Don't put it past the mother, or any other fish in the tank, to eat it. No matter how "good of a mother" animal instinct still is there.

I think its the shrimp because one could have grabed one and started to try to eat it but the baby got away. Take them out and see if it stops happening.

What kind of algae eater? If you have a CAE, that's probably your culprit. Either that or the mother. Even though she may seem like a good mother, she's still not going to hesitate much to eat a fry if she's hungry.

well i put them in a tank in my bigger tank
i think it was the shrinp there trying to get in plus there eating everything on the bottom and they shed there shell and thay ate it :sick: at there own shell :crazy: it was gross any ways all 10 babys doing ok ! and when will the female have another batch been about 3 weeks already

She'll probably have another batch in about 1-2 weeks, depending on the size of the batch. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back