Microsoft Office Problems- Can't Get Onto Programs!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Basically on my laptop with Vista on it, I have had Microsoft Office 2000 with Frontpage, Word, Powerpoint etc on it since May 2008 as a friend of mine had it on a spare disc and to save money she came round and installed it for me. It has all worked absolutely fine until today, when I accessed Frontpage (which I need for my website) it loaded up but it came up with a popup saying Office 2000 Registration Wizard 'Would you like to register your copy of Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Premium with Microsoft?'. At this point I cannot exit the popup or click onto anything on the program. Pressing 'yes' or 'no' makes the program exit immediately. Very annoying.

The only cause of this I can think of is that I ran a virus check on Spybot Search + Destroy yesterday (first time I've done a complete check for a year or so) and I've used the program for years. I had a couple of viruses called Win32Agent which were removed.

I need my programs back- what can I do?

Regards, Alex

Hi guys,

Basically on my laptop with Vista on it, I have had Microsoft Office 2000 with Frontpage, Word, Powerpoint etc on it since May 2008 as a friend of mine had it on a spare disc and to save money she came round and installed it for me. It has all worked absolutely fine until today, when I accessed Frontpage (which I need for my website) it loaded up but it came up with a popup saying Office 2000 Registration Wizard 'Would you like to register your copy of Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Premium with Microsoft?'. At this point I cannot exit the popup or click onto anything on the program. Pressing 'yes' or 'no' makes the program exit immediately. Very annoying.

The only cause of this I can think of is that I ran a virus check on Spybot Search + Destroy yesterday (first time I've done a complete check for a year or so) and I've used the program for years. I had a couple of viruses called Win32Agent which were removed.

Regards, Alex

Registration is normally only optional for software.. When you installed Microsoft Office did you enter a serial number? Microsoft Office 2000 is also quite an old version and you might have difficulty running it on Vista.. Try this:

If the Frontpage icon you use to open the program is a shortcut (icon has a little arrow in the corner) then you'll need to locate the actual Frontpage.exe file. (right click, properties -> find target)

Now on the ACTUAL Frontpage.exe file, right click, properties. Select 'Compatability' tab and click the box for 'run in compatability mode for:' then select Windows XP S2 in the box/menu

Let me know how you get on. If this doesnt work I suspect your Microsoft Office package requires a serial

Hi guys,

Regards, Alex

should sort it for you

Most reactions

Back