Mickey Mouse Platy

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

denon77

Reaction score
Hi...Can anyone help! I have 2 Mickey Mouse Platys And They Both Look Pregnant And Have Done For A While, I Did Put The Larger Of The 2 In A Breeder For About A Fortnight And It Eventually Had About 30Odd Fry, But After Having Them(Which Was Only A Week Ago)It Still Looks Pregnant.The Both Of Them Have The Black Patch To The Rear Of There Bellies, And The One That Already Had The Fry Has A Larger Black Part Than The Other.So I Am Stumped,Could They Be Pregnant Or Just Have Black Bellies ? Could The One That Already Had 30Odd Fry Be Pregnant Again So Quickly ?

Any Help Would Be Great.

Attachments

• Mickey_Mouse_Platys_005.jpg
    Mickey_Mouse_Platys_005.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Mickey_Mouse_Platys_006.jpg
    Mickey_Mouse_Platys_006.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 36
Could be pregnant, platy's are true sperm banks and can store it for weeks if im not mistaken :)

Cheers People, I Have Taken A Couple Of Pics...If I Can Figure Out How To Add Them I Will.

Cheers Again

Cheers People, I Have Taken A Couple Of Pics...If I Can Figure Out How To Add Them I Will.

Cheers Again

I recommend using a image hosting website e.g photobucket and obtaining the url for the picture there. Then add the images(s) into your post.

Ok i have added 2 pics to the original post....i hope you can see them to tell me what you think

Cheers

Cheers Again

I recommend using a image hosting website e.g photobucket and obtaining the url for the picture there. Then add the images(s) into your post.

What You Think Then?

I'm not quite sure, but I think they are pregnant. It is suprising though that the one that had fry a week ago has got a gravid spot already... -_-

You might get some different replies, but it looks pretty pregnant to me...

I'm not quite sure, but I think they are pregnant. It is suprising though that the one that had fry a week ago has got a gravid spot already... -_-

You might get some different replies, but it looks pretty pregnant to me...

Ye thats what i was thinkin, so i am not sure wheter to put them into breeders or not as the first fish(the orange one)to have fry,well the stupid plastic breeder thing i bought did not work properly, so i only managed to save 3 fry as the rest got into main tank(i guess) and got eaten, so should i gamble and leave them in main tank or put them into breeders?

they can store enough sperm for up to 7 broods of fry, which works out at 7 months (give birth approx every 4 weeks) as soo as the female goes into laybour a new set of eggs either already fertilised or not is produced. Also females always have a gravid spot pregnant or not :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back