Melting Vallis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pablothebetta

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I like the look of vallis as a background plant for my tank but throughout the years it continues to just melt on me. I've tried both spiral and straight types with and without EasyCarbo/ferts yet it died regardless.

If anyone can shed light on the cause of my issue that'd be great. Is there a specific way to plant it or anything?

Thanks

How long has it been since you dosed carbon?

Thanks. Lighting 11W and usually on for around 6 hours. Substrate is sand which has some TNC tabs from a long while ago. I haven't dosed any EasyCarbo for at least 6 months now.

Do you have any pictures? Might be able to tell the deficiency with pics.

Unfortunately not as I haven't got it in my tank right now, got rid of the last lot a while ago. I'm just wanting to redo my tank and would have liked some vallis in there.

The problem is that it turns brown/yellow within days of being planted and then continues to melt away.

Thanks

Do you cut off dying leaves and see if it re grows?

Have tried removing leaves as they die but not remember noticing any regrowth. Might it be to do with emersed leaves like with swords?

Could be if its new and dying back quickly, I don't have lots of experience with it as it not a fav of mine, what's your PH?

Haven't tested it for a while but last I remember it was in the region of pH 7-8. Thank you for the advice :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back