Meet Grump!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

majerah1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello! Thought I would introduce you to my favorite little fellow, Mr. Grump!

He is a grumpy little guy as you can tell and is waiting on his lady to get here. I had to order him a mail order bride from Singapore. 

Grump is a Betta Macrostoma. I believe he may have been wild caught but am unsure. He eats well on flakes and about everything else placed in there. 

As you can see he is quite a handsome fellow, and he has a wonderful personality. He currently shares his 40 gallon breeder with a female BN Plecostamus. He did have some ornate ctenopomas in there but he was a tad unhappy about that. 

His favorite thing to do is hide under a leaf while showing how unhappy he is about his single life. Hes quite good at making me feel so bad for him. 

And that is his story so far. I shall share pictures of his lovely lady when she gets here
smile.png

Thanks! Yeah I love the little guy for sure. 

:rofl: That leaf pic gets me. Very handsome fellow, can't wait to see his bride! Hope she arrives safely :)

Thanks, Ninjouzata! He is quite the character! 

Here is his lovely bride! It was love at first site!.

She was still a little unsure of him for a bit. 

But I think they will be a great pair. She actually looks for him which is much different than the other mac females have been. I am very hopeful for this pair. 

Pretty girl! Grump seems less grumpy.. :p

That is super cute that she looks for him. Is that uncommon?

Ninjouzata said:
Pretty girl! Grump seems less grumpy..
tongue2.gif

That is super cute that she looks for him. Is that uncommon?

Actually, I am not sure. Out of all the females Ive ever had  none have looked for the males unless they wanted to breed. Most are more dominant and prefer to be left alone. This girl though, she seeks him out to rest near him. Poor grump has no clue what to do. He will flare for her and she ignores it :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back