April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

LillyRobotnick

Reaction score
2.png 

I normally don't care for Bettas but this one caught my eye for some reason and I needed it in my life.  
winner.gif

LOVE HIM! Angel has SO many twins out there! (But Angel's black spots are on his tail, not his head.)

I have GOT to breed mine and try for pure white! Too bad you aren't into bettas, or I'd say you should do the same!

Ltygress said:
LOVE HIM! Angel has SO many twins out there! (But Angel's black spots are on his tail, not his head.)

I have GOT to breed mine and try for pure white! Too bad you aren't into bettas, or I'd say you should do the same!
I'm not really interested in breeding any of my fish. They're more a pet I grow attached to and hope to be there for until their final years. I also wouldn't have the proper space in which to place the offspring. Though I would love to see what you are able to conjure up. =3

They're more a pet I grow attached to and hope to be there for until their final years.
That is the best reply I have seen in a long time. Interact with your Betta teach it tricks its easy to do, Just be warned there is no cure for betta addiction.

This is NOT my fish but its easy to teach your fish this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSfVliwnsbA

RCA said:

attachicon.gif
2.png 

I normally don't care for Bettas but this one caught my eye for some reason and I needed it in my life.  
winner.gif
Ha, Betta Resistance is futile http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/416744-betta-resistance-is-futile/

I love the way you have put this, that you needed it
yay.gif
they choose you, not the other way around, and I believe you have been caught by your lovely Betta, enjoy. Out of interest, what setup is he in?

A 75 gallon, semi-planted aquarium with a few other tank mates. (It's hard for me to grow live plants because my tank is in my basement and the lighting is not amazing ^^; ) =3 Clown loaches, harlequin tetras, neon tetras and gold tetras. 

NickAu said:

They're more a pet I grow attached to and hope to be there for until their final years.
That is the best reply I have seen in a long time. Interact with your Betta teach it tricks its easy to do, Just be warned there is no cure for betta addiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSfVliwnsbA

I treat all my pets just like I would treat my cats and dogs. Just because they require different interaction, doesn't mean I can't love them just as much. 

Yeah that seems really cool, my past bettas would chase my finger around when I hand fed them. They're such goofy fish. 
tongue2.gif

NickAu said:

*Cut video link out for the reply, so as not to increase load times.*

I've got two of my females trained to follow my finger for food - even when it's NOT at the water's surface. After everybody eats the food at the surface, they all start nipping at plants for any algae and bacteria on them that they can scoop off. They don't bother the plants themselves anymore (not since I removed the cabomba). But one piece of mysis shrimp has dropped to the bottom and none of them paid attention to it. I taught my HM dragon female betta to follow my finger to tidbits like that, and she gobbled it right up! Ever since then, she has always followed my finger when she notices it.

LillyRobotnick said:
A 75 gallon, semi-planted aquarium with a few other tank mates. (It's hard for me to grow live plants because my tank is in my basement and the lighting is not amazing ^^; ) =3 Clown loaches, harlequin tetras, neon tetras and gold tetras.
Lucky Betta, do you have any pics of the tank, we love pics. You tried silk plants?

I love bettas and this post is now making me want one again.
I miss these guys. I never taught mine to sit in my hand. I was just aquascaping one day and he kept following me around the tank. He'd even do this when I was in my room. Follow me around me room. And I cupped my hand at the top one day and he just swam right into it and sat there for ages.
You will form and amazing bond with these fish.

I was just aquascaping one day and he kept following me around the tank
I have to be so careful when I prune my tank as dopey ( My Betta ) has a habit of swimming near the scissors.

NickAu said:

I was just aquascaping one day and he kept following me around the tank
I have to be so careful when I prune my tank as dopey ( My Betta ) has a habit of swimming near the scissors.
Oh dear that would not be good!
Luckily I wasn't using scissors and was just replanting as he kept pulling them out xD he must have just liked my arm that much

Its worse in the big tank, at least with the Betta its only 1 fish, The Kuhli loaches are still a bit flighty, In the big tank its about 20 live bearers and 2 firemouths, And the firemouths think its fun to play nip and run with my fingers.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back