Medium Sized Schooling Fish

rick_wolves

Reaction score
hi, I was wondering if any of you know a medium sized (up to around 8cm max) TIGHT schooling fish which i could keep in a 260 litre tank, 121cm long planted tank, but has open space too. I want comething which is fairly active too. Its a community tank with corys and cherry barbs only at moment. I only have two corys at moment, but am looking to get a few more - do u think they will school with the others/eachother?

Cory cats school. I once had 8 of them, and they all hung out together. It's really neat to watch.

ok , ill probably get some more cory cats, do u think different species will school or should i stick to just the one. ive got 2 peppered corys at moment, was thinking of getting 8 corydroas julii to go with them....

ok , ill probably get some more cory cats, do u think different species will school or should i stick to just the one. ive got 2 peppered corys at moment, was thinking of getting 8 corydroas julii to go with them....
best to get all the same for best results, dont forget that corys are bottom feeders and although they venture all ove the tank they remain primarily on the substrate...

if you want mid swimming fish praecox rainbows are a nice fish (but quite sensitive) or congo tetras....

when fish group together its because they are worried or frightened and as soon as they are settled in the new tank and if they have no threat from other fish they will become more free swimming and not shoal so much. so a tight shoaling fish becomes more confident and doesnt need to be in such a tight group and ventures out on its own more.

what about bleeding heart tetras do u have any experience with them - which do u prefer congo or bleeding heart tettas?!looking for something quite active and which will spend time in upper levels of tank

what about bleeding heart tetras do u have any experience with them - which do u prefer congo or bleeding heart tettas?!looking for something quite active and which will spend time in upper levels of tank
if it were me i would go for congo tetras but they do get quite large but great fish and colourfull.

they will be your fish so its really what you prefer......

if you want fish constantly in the upper half of the tank then take a look at hatchet fish, they are surface dwellers and look very different but quite funky....

Filament Barbs are medium sized and shoal together. They have beautiful scales aswell :good:

James.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back