Mealworms

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have personally never heard anything that would say its ok to do so, but I did once see several healthy bluegills that lived on a diet of straight earthworms so maybe it is ok. Maybe someone else on the board has some more info.

bluegills eat earthworms in the wild lol... of course those types of native fish can, Boxcar!

larger tropical fish i would say would have no problem with mealworms (large gouramis and anything larger really), but don't try to feed it to anything smaller or they may choke

I have fed mealworms to large killifish in the past. The devoured them in seconds.

Never heard of mario worms (unless by another name), but wax worms and mealworms are great!

With the mealworms, it is important to smash or cut their heads off, especially so with the bigger ones, as they can bite/injure the insides of fish with their mouth parts.

mellowserra said:
Never heard of mario worms (unless by another name), but wax worms and mealworms are great!

With the mealworms, it is important to smash or cut their heads off, especially so with the bigger ones, as they can bite/injure the insides of fish with their mouth parts.
Super Giant Mealworms (Morios)
mw-SG.jpg

These do bite, As my brother has found out a few times

mellowserra said:
great advice, never thought about that - thanks!

I feed regular sized mealworms to our parrot cichlids, purple spotted gudgeon, synodontis, raphaels, polypterus and all of our puffers except the dwarfs. They love 'em.

The Dragon puffers also like waxworms, and the polypterus is very fond of large crickets and locusts.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back