May 2013 - Fotm Banter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

eaglesaquarium

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of the perfect fish tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Please post your comments on the Fish of the Month entries here.

So this is the pic I chose for FOM this time around.  One of my Betta Albimarginata fry hanging out on the algae mat.  

I almost chose this one of the same fish

What do you guys think?  Did I chose the right one for the competition?

I can't address that, but the verification pic should be included in this thread, just to illustrate the scale of exactly how small that fish is!!!

Ok here is the verification pic.  The fish is in the right hand upper section of the algae mat.

Tiny!  Took me an hour to get all 3 pics of the same fish.   :D

That is not moss. LOL  It is a form of hair algae that has been grown to form mats. These are extremely benficial to fry raising. They eat up any excess ammonia which helps when feeding heavily and helps reduce the amount of water changes on sensitive fry tanks.  This is the first time I have used this method and I have noticed a big reduction in fry loss and a higher rate of growth compared to my previous spawns.

I am pretty sure that is one of the month old fry in the tank.  I have a mixture of 3 spawns in that tank at the moment.  2 month old fry, month old fry, and 2 week old fry are all in there together.

Ellieabbott4 said:
Can shrimp be entered into fish of the month?

They certainly can, Ellie.

Why so few entries for May?..I want to see more fish :(

It's still early.  Entries are accepted until May 14th.

Nope.  If you want to see more fish, there is the past winners thread, and there is the new subforum that has all the old competitions, etc.  LOTS of pics to go through, if you have the time.  ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back