Max Size Of Two Spot Catfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

chilledtim

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

Ive seen some two spot catfish in a lfs and just watching them for 5 mins interested me, lively fellows, rooting around resting, hiding, having little tiffs. I became quite interested in them.
i would have asked the shop owner about then but but he once advised me tiger barbs would be good tank mates with angels!!! nice guy, healthy fish, just doesnt no his stuff all that well.

How large would they grow? (ive checked planetcatfish and they say 1.5", hard to believe when the ones in the shop were 3-4") another quote ive seen is 5" which would be ideal

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/speci...?species_id=332

can just one be kept, possably with a pair of pictus catfish, does anyone have any of these in there aquarium at the moment or experience of? theres just very little info on the web about them

Many thanks

Im tempted to get some two spotted cats just to own a rare fish, very little info about on them and even the members on this forum havent seen/experienced these fish by the lack of replys.

Anyone else even seen them in there lfs?

I had one but rehomed it as it gobbled 7 neon tetra (BIG neon tetra 1") in 5 days!
They are gawjus fish and he got to 6" and that was in a 54L. I would deffo buy again for my larger tank.
Cheers, Joemuz

I just got one yesterday
laugh.gif
He is awsome. I heard they get 6 inches but that may not be right.

I've queried the size with PC though according to fishbase, this fish gets to a maximum of 6.7cm, which to me still sounds too small. I'm sure I've seen them at 4"+.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back