mature tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
my 43 litre bow fronted aquarium has cycled but i always get a reading of 0.1mg litre of ammonnia (constantly regardless of 10% water changes) but nitrite is zero and nitrates are 10 to 25mg/litre

why am i getting a reading for ammonnia, i have never had a zero reading?

Big, If you have a heavier load of fish then you might get elevated ammo. Not real sure what you have in there but that might be it, or it may be a defective testing kit. If your ammo was too bad you would see a spike in your Nitrites, but with them at 0 I would watch it but not freak out as of yet.....

Les

Ok cheers it was just a case of wondering why. I currently have a selection of male guppies x9 and females x7 and 3 female platies and 1 male platy.

I want to buy a 48x15x12 tank but have no where to put it!!!!!! looking to extend to the garage but we have got one!!!!

Need space urgently

LesGerber said:
once they start they wont stop....lol
I can vouch for that ;) ....i've only got around 90 odd babys at the mo lol

Keep an eye on the females to make sure theyr not getting harrased with there being more males than females!

Hi bf, do/have you use any ammonia reducing products?

Some of these convert ammonia to a non-harmful form to fish, but don't actually remove it - so it will still show up on your test kits....

:)

Most reactions

trending

Back