Mamashack & Rca Explore York Fish (Maybe Chip) Shops

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RCA

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well Mamashack and myself have decided to meet up in the lovely City of York.  We are from different parts of East Yorkshire, UK, but will independently heading to York tomorrow, Thursday 6 June.  This will be our first meeting and once we have met up, we will probably have lunch and then descend on the Tropical Fish Stores. 

Has anyone been to any of the stores in York, or can recommend anywhere we should consider within the area?

Mamashack has done some research and this is the list of stores she has located:

Barker
·         Sutton Grange, York Rd, York , YO61 1EN
·         6.9 miles N of York
·         Tel: 01347 665426

Bradshaws Direct
·         James Nicolson Link, York , YO30 4XX
·         1.8 miles NW of York
·         Tel: 01904 696996

Ocean Coral Ltd
·         York Eco Business Centre, Amy Johnson Way, York , YO30 4AG
·         2.1 miles NW of York
·         Tel: 01904 691704

Maidenhead Aquatics at York
·         Northfield Lane, York, YO26 6QE
·         2.8 miles W of York
·         Tel: 01904 789889

I will be going armed with an isolation box and the ability to maybe bring something home if I see something I like
yes.gif
   MS has told me that she will be reserved in this respect, so watch this space.

I have always fancied some Pygmy Cories, better get the quarantine tank set up today.  Was working on my latest project last night and am glad to at last have water in it.  

Interestingly, the attractions of York does not include Tropical Fish Stores, need to contact the Tourist Board ;)  It is a wonderful City and I am looking forward to our planned day out.  Another one of my weaknesses, I
wub.png
the water, but not sure about MS, maybe a place to have lunch, or to end the day?  More info, here.

I am sure Mamashack will be here to update you all too, as we agreed that you might like to know what we got up to on the day.

Plus, I must remember my camera to take 
kewlpics.gif
for you all.

I'm actually in South Yorkshire and RCA's in East Yorkshire but that's semantics as we are both Yorkshire girls!!
York is just about in the middle between our respective homes. 
As for water I do like it as long as I'm not in the deep stuff! lol
RCA's right - I am trying to resist any temptation to buy anything as our new puppy is eating up funds as well as food! Not sure how successful I'll be in that quest - only time will tell, so keep watching this space!

Have fun you two!  Make sure you post lots of pics.
I haven't been to York since I was a little girl, I mostly remember the Jorvik viking centre... I guess that's where all the tourists go!

I am from York :)

Maiden head Aquatics is really good here its the only shop I use for fish/shrimp and plants. I haven't been to any of the others though so i cant comment on those really. If you have never been before, its at Poppleton garden centre and you have to go right to the back of the shop to find it.

Please update this thread with how you get on I'm interested what the other shops are like and if you find any others !

Oh this is pretty neat. Excited for updates. :D

Very nice. Have a wonderful day your two :)

Goodluck! Hope you post some pics!

I went to Maidenhead at York a few weeks ago and was really impressed! Some great fish in there - its worth liking the MA North facebook page as you get pretty decent updates and none are that far away from us in East Yorkshire ;)

Looking forward to seeing what you found :D

Wills

Awesome... Look forward to updates. :D

Super idea! Looking forward to you both telling us all about it! :)

Thanks to all for your interest, we better make sure we remember to document it for you.  I am up early with a cuppa tea, with camera fully charged.

I was going to cycle to York with a friend, which would have taken about 3+ hours, but as she cannot come I am going by bus, which will take just over the hour.  Mamashack is driving so she will be the chauffeur for the day
wink.png
 Off to make sandwiches shortly although we may decide to eat somewhere instead, keeping our options open
wink.png

Plus I made these yesterday, Apple and Cranberry Muffins 
drool.gif
  Not had time to make Yorkshire Pudding, but enter while you can.
P1090015 - Copy.JPG

My insulated box and bags are also ready for the journey, just in case, you never know 
balloon.gif
  Mind you was at the LFS yesterday to get something for my project (sorry new pics later) as there was an issue with the filter output.  Anyway, guess what I saw?  A potential new male Betta, I will post a picture in Betta Resistance is Futile later, as he is not on sale until Saturday so time to decide or resist.

Anyway time to jump in the shower and do the sandwiches, not at the same time of course or they would be soggy!

See you soon Mamashack, safe travels to both ...

levahe said:
I am from York
smile.png

Maiden head Aquatics is really good here its the only shop I use for fish/shrimp and plants. I haven't been to any of the others though so i cant comment on those really. If you have never been before, its at Poppleton garden centre and you have to go right to the back of the shop to find it.

Please update this thread with how you get on I'm interested what the other shops are like and if you find any others !
All being well we are going to visit all the ones on the list RCA mentioned in the first post and MA was listed so fingers crossed they've something interesting in stock as it looks like RCA's fingers are twitching! lol

We'll let you know how it goes - think we are planning a picnic, but it's looking a bit glum here at the moment so we'll have to see. I've got my contribution to get yet! It may end up being coffee and cake somewhere instead if the weather takes a turn for the worse tho the forecast was good so let's hope they've got it right! 19°C or 66°F sounds just about perfect for me.
Better go and get ready to rumble!! Catch up later!

Coffee and cake sounds like a good day to me, independent of the weather!

Brilliant sunshine down here in the south!  Hope the weather improves for you!
Enjoy your muffins - they look yummy!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back