Male Sword Tail With Brown Tipped/wilting Tail? (Maybe Red..)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

aorsak

Reaction score
-10 g tank
-1 male swordtail (all white with a reflective blue dot almost like a micky mouse platty cross. Kinda unique. ^.^)
-4 female guppies
-2 baby guppies
-3 male guppies
It was hardly noticeable at first. He had ich that I noticed and got medicine for and he's all better but the brown tipped tail is spreading... He's in a tank with guppies (probably too many.. they're populating my tank I don't want this many *~*) there's not quite too many that they're over populating the tank but at feeding time they don't mind bumping into each other and being close but the poor sword tail seems to mind quite a bit. I separated him in a net hang on attachment for about 2 or 3 days but he didn't seem to like that so I just put him in the tank but moved the 3 male guppy's to the net instead. I'm just not sure what the brown on the tail is or what I should do to fix it. It's not like fin rot where it turns white then slowly eats away at the tail, but the whole tip turned brown then wilted. (like a dying leaf almost) Just got a closer look at him and it seems red.. Maybe from too much ammonia? *~* I've been busy with my other pets with dealing with flea bathing, taking care of baby reptiles, breeding crickets.. It's possible I skipped a water change on accident.

What are your water stats? Ammonia, nitrite, etc?
There are too many fish for a ten gallon. Can you possibly re-home fish or give them to your local pet store?
My personal suggestion is to give the males or females away to leave one gender and avoid breeding

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back