Male Or Female - Kribs

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Leedsboi86

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Could someone sex these two lil monkeys for me.

Pic 1 - Store said was Male:

Pic 2 - Store said was Female, Has a light pink tiny to belly:

#1 seems to be longer and slimmer where #2 seems to be shorter and rounder

they like hang out 2getha and have lil chases.

Any ideas?

Hi, I am only getting the first picture through but that might just be me.

I am no Krib authority so I will just say that as far as I know (not much :rolleyes: ) is that the female has the large coloured patch (lilac?) on her under-belly. The first picture that I can see looks male but wait fro confirmation from others :good:

Will have a look when I get home as work has blocked the pics :-( I have a tank full so will compare them for you.

The first does look male but the second should have a very dark belly if it is a typical female.
This is an image that I found on Photobucket of someone else's female krib.
IMG_0242copy.jpg

I think it's cause she was quite stressed, Her colour is abit paler then normal.
Will wait til she calms down and retake the pic.

Have looked and the top pic is a male, the bottom fish by the pic you posted looks to be a female by the roundness of the anal fin, can you take a better pic?

Hiya

Will do just waiting for the to settle in abit more.
The rounder one has started getting abit more pink tone to her stomach.
Also noticed the Male is chasing the rounder one but it runs off and comes back for more but
there not fighting cause they keep swimming 2getha.

Any ideas?

Lokks like you have a pair, make sure you have some breeding caves so they do not harass your other fish.

Hiya!

Just had a look this morning and the rounder one deff has a slight pinky purple tone around the belly that the male doesn't have.
The male keeps chasing the other one but never hurts it, They seem to spend alot of time 2getha too.

I don't have any other fish in the tank it's a 20G tank with lots of hidey place.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back