Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Male molly?

Discussion in 'Livebearers' started by Fishmama6, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Fishmama6

Fishmama6 New Member

So I thought I had two male black mollies. But one of them has steadily been getting fatter just like a pregnant female would. It doesn't seem like dropsy to me. There is no behavioural changes at all he is a very active fish. This tank gets fed only every other day. I'm questioning my fish sexing ability at this point. If anyone has an idea of what's wrong please let me know.

Attached Files:

2. Tyler_Fishman

Tyler_Fishman Fish Crazy

Fish is male for sure it's sports a gonopodium (where the anal fin would be on a female,this is the males reproductive organ, as you already might know) if there's no pine coning of the scales and the behavior is typical then the fish is fine' maybe he's just eating more of the other fishes food. however if you've noticed him not being able to excrete waste, then there is a good chance he's constapated, feed your fish deshelled boiled peas about once or twice a week to help with their digestion

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fishmama6

Fishmama6 New Member

Thanks so much!

4. Slamatrix

Slamatrix New Member

If its any consolation, i have a black molly thats getting a the same kinda belly. But both your pictured and mine are male. :)