Male molly?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishmama6

Reaction score
So I thought I had two male black mollies. But one of them has steadily been getting fatter just like a pregnant female would. It doesn't seem like dropsy to me. There is no behavioural changes at all he is a very active fish. This tank gets fed only every other day. I'm questioning my fish sexing ability at this point. If anyone has an idea of what's wrong please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    391.1 KB · Views: 292
Fish is male for sure it's sports a gonopodium (where the anal fin would be on a female,this is the males reproductive organ, as you already might know) if there's no pine coning of the scales and the behavior is typical then the fish is fine' maybe he's just eating more of the other fishes food. however if you've noticed him not being able to excrete waste, then there is a good chance he's constapated, feed your fish deshelled boiled peas about once or twice a week to help with their digestion

Fish is male for sure it's sports a gonopodium (where the anal fin would be on a female,this is the males reproductive organ, as you already might know) if there's no pine coning of the scales and the behavior is typical then the fish is fine' maybe he's just eating more of the other fishes food. however if you've noticed him not being able to excrete waste, then there is a good chance he's constapated, feed your fish deshelled boiled peas about once or twice a week to help with their digestion

Thanks so much!

If its any consolation, i have a black molly thats getting a the same kinda belly. But both your pictured and mine are male. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back