Male Betta And Corries

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mako Man111

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I got my male betta in a 20 gallon tank with some zebra danios, and a few ottos. I would like to add a few corries (maby 4) to finish off the tank. How will my betta get along with them? Today, after dropping in an algae tablet, my danios went crazy for it and swarmed it, and when my betta found it, he got all grumpy and wanted it all for himself and started to chase the danios away. I'm afraid corries won't be fast enough and may get a attacked in a feeding frenzy. Do you think they would be alright?

the corys will be fine with the betta. have you ever seen how fast a cory is when it wants to be? try catching one in a 55 gallon planted tank... anyways they are good with bettas. i dont know about the danios, id be more worried about them over the corys. ive never had danio though.

I have a panda Cory, a peppered Cory and a julii Cory with my betta and he was curious about them at first but now could care less. They get along just fine.

Hi

zebra danios,

Zebra danios are among the worst tank mates for a Betta, they are way to active and tend to love nipping a Bettas fins.

Zebra danios prefer cooler water that a Betta is comfortable with.

I also think a 20 g tank is too small for Zebra danios.

Do you think they would be alright?

No I do not think it will be alright.

I concur with all NickAu's points. I realize things may seem OK now, and may have for a few weeks, but this is probably not going to last assuming the fish themselves are "normal" and not being negatively impacted by something. And it is the danios that may be the troublemakers in time, when they find they can have such fun nipping the fins of the poor Betta. It really would be kinder to both Betta and Zebras to separate them. The Zebras are crowded in a 20g as Nick also mentioned. :fish:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back