Making Aqueon's 90 Gallon Stand Actually hold 90 Gallons

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SgtSparkles

Reaction score
I scored this 90 gallon tank stand from a lps for half price after some minor shipping damage. Well looking closer it's only assembled with wood glue and staples. I know the stand supposedly will support a full 90 gallon tank but the tank is over 100 lbs and 90 gallons of water is 720 lbs, and I just wasn't gonna trust it. So I made it beefy.

why bother buying a stand and re-enforcing it?

you are better off just to build your own,

i have had hundreds of tanks in my time, i have never bought a stand, i build my own...and they are much better then anything you can buy
True. I bought it because it was half price and I like to support local retailers. As a local small business person I feel it is my duty to support them. For instance I could have bought my led bar online and had it here already but I don't need it until I get the tank cleaned and setup so why not let them order it.

Good move, When I got my15 gallon tank stand from LFS first thing I did was brace everything

Good move, When I got my15 gallon tank stand from LFS first thing I did was brace everything
I was just concerned because it was built like a 10 gallon stand which has to hold 100lbs not 800lbs

I would have been concerned also

Here's my version of a tank stand for a 100 gallon 6 foot tank, The back beam is secured to the wall every 12 inches with dynabolts.

LfxmwCB.jpg

That photo was taken after major flooding we had last year, you can see where the flood waters came to.

I would have been concerned also

Here's my version of a tank stand for a 100 gallon 6 foot tank, The back beam is secured to the wall every 12 inches with dynabolts.

LfxmwCB.jpg

That photo was taken after major flooding we had last year, you can see where the flood waters came to.
In the wall is neat. Any finished pictures?

Sure, This is an older photo

ie11d1.jpg

Tank looks like this now, It had a BIG prune back

vTKtPvL.jpg

That's actually a charity coffee shop that provides homeless people with meals, Its not uncommon to see people sit on the lounge staring at the tank for hours, people tell me they find it calming.

The red wasnt my idea but it seems to work.

Before I pruned the tank
l4NAC4q.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back