Major Issue With Tank. Need Urgent Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bluegills

Reaction score
SAM_0463.jpg
[/img]1. Water parameters. (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, PH, temp', Hardness etc)
Cl2 - between 0 and 0.8
PH - 7.2
KH -10d
GH - between 8 and 16
NO2 - 0
NO - 100

2. A full description of the fishes symptoms.
Mainly guppies. Floating either face up or face down. Cant keep level. Floating on side and having no control of thier body

3. How often you do water changes and how much.
Weekly, 20 - 30 litres

4. Any chemicals and treatments you add to the water.
Just recently added Myxazin

5. What tank mates are in the tank.
11 neons, 7 guppies, 4 zebra danios, 4 rummys, 1 frog haha, 2 clown plecs, 1 tiger plec, 3 corys, 3 kuli loaches and 2 lamp eyes. about 20 baby guppies to

6. Tank size.
125l

7. Finally Have you recently added any new fish?
About 2 weeks ago. 2 Kuhli Loaches but I netted them out the bag into tank.

I would like to add that it is mainly Guppies but I have a Cory this is kinda one sided. The majority of Guppies are not swimming level. I had one Guppy last night in her own breeding tank, tried giving her a cooked pea as I thought it could be swim bladder and she gave birth to around 30 babies but they all dies except for 1. This could be due to the treatment I've put in from the Myxazin thou Im not sure. I will be doing another water change tonight but Im gonna be doing about 50 litres. Should I add some salt to the tank????

Here is a example of 1 Guppy. This is a birds eye shot looking down into tank. If you look on the picture with the flash there is a white mark on the Tail and also on the Pectoral fin.....

SAM_0462.jpg

SAM_0463.jpg

uh oh, couyld have dropsy. quarantine the sick fish if you can and seek expert advice. NOW

Shiiiiteeeeeee. Where can I get expert advice from? Any idea what causes it or what I can do to combat it? Im gonna research it now any way.. Curable??

VERY hard to cure, and can be deadly. Experts can include pet shops which take forever to get back to you or an online moderator in this very forum. Best idea is to change 80% of the water, put in any carbon/ zeolite media you may have taken out and run like hell to the nearest pet shop to get medication. Put full aeration into the tank starting from now. I had a dropsy epedemic in my pond and 1/2 of them died. You don't want that to happen in your tank.

:'( well gutted. Should I just kill the fish? MY fav red Male guppy is showing signs too. GRRRRrrrrrrrr

I dont know. treat the tank and see how it goes. Dont kill them yet. I'mm off on work experience now so wont be around till tonite. Good luck :)

It Is common for Guppys to suffer from swim bladder after mating. You should treat the tank with Mardels Maracyn two or a broad spectrum antibiotic (as long as the myxacin is out of the water)

o ok, i still got 3 days of Myxazin treatment to go. just concerne its gonna get to other fish

I think you should go to www.aquariumhobbyiest.com/guppies/disease.html to read through all the symptoms and pics and decide what your next step should be. Good luck!

Just a quick update. Got a few guppies with a red mark under its mouth. Tried googling the answer but only coming up with a "red gravid spot". Any thought?

Just a quick update. Got a few guppies with a red mark under its mouth. Tried googling the answer but only coming up with a "red gravid spot". Any thought?

apparently it's normal to get spots like this, once again. see hiw it goes.

Good luck

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back