Major flooding where I live

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

NickAu

Fish Connoisseur
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
If anybody is wondering what I have been doing the last few days.

I took this video from my front veranda

News footage

Ah, thats a real shame. I feel for the whole town really.

My house had a flooding a few years back, the amount of damage and mess a flood leaves behind is truly astonishing.
Only thise who have been affected by flooding truly know what we lose, not the furniture and fittings as such, but the lost photographs, little momentos and heirlooms that we cherish and have to let go of can be the the real heartache.

I hope things gets sorted and fast, especially with your insurance company as they tend to drag feet about paying out, well in the UK thats for sure anyway.

Very best of luck.

Oh man, I'm really sorry.
That's awful.
Our shores have been flooding yearly and like ch4lie said, the damage is astonishing.
I hope everything gets sorted as quickly as possible.

That sucks...

Here in ok there's only like two free flowing creeks left...

I live where the Lilly pads used to grow.

All those flood control lakes and ponds make for some good fishing though

Terrible. My thoughts are certainly with you. At least you still have electricity (I assume, as you're online), that is always my fear, losing power for the fish tanks even more than me.

Byron.

We just got power back, as for fish tanks dont ask, It brings me to tears when I think of my Bettas

Oh no! I think that's every fish keeper's nightmare. I hope things get better for you over there

This filter still works. It was completely submerged.
lA2580v.jpg

Some work needed.
LfxmwCB.jpg

Oh my Goodness.....how much water was in your place?!
Can you tell us what happened?
The tank above looks really beautiful.

See the strip half way up the wall? the one that divides the blue paint from the cream paint? about 2 inches above that.

The peeling paint is due to flooding. The floor boards are going to be a nightmare to sand and re polish.

OMG, that's crazy! I can't believe it was that high!
I'm really sorry you had/have to deal with that.
I sure hope you have help!
Sorry I'm soo far away..I'm a good painter :)

Wow, but sounds as if the tank had a lucky escape!
makes sense the filter would still be working, its air and water tight obviously so nothing could get inside , thank goodness for small mercies soemtimes.

But not taking anything away from the hard work that is yet to come in getting your house back to what it was before.

Will the woodwork, plasterworks and kitchen units etc need to be replaced?
Sometimes with floods, everything needs to be stripped away and renewed, thats what happened with my place, floorboards, skirting, plaster etc had to be replaced. Was a royal pita but everything got sorted and in better nick now than it was before, silver lining there :lol:

Good luck!

My house burnt down as you know nick and I must say having a flood is way worse than a fire on a log cabin.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back