Lumpfish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

prk22

Reaction score
Okay, I have no idea where to post this topic, however I think 'marine' might be the best place.

Over a year ago, I went to the Boston Aquarium and was introduced to the lumpfish species. I am not sure were the small species naturally live, but some readings of mine lead to me thinking they are a cold water species native to the north atlantic waters. Is this true?

Also, I was wondering where to find them for sale, as aquarium stores do not carry them. On top of that, I can only find them for wholesale. Does anyonen know how to order a single lumpfish? I do not know how to order just a single one, and outside of stealing one from the Boston Aquarium I just do not know where to turn to find one.

Any information or help would be appreciated!

I am almost certain they are of temperate Atlantic/Pacific waters, so wouldn't be great for a tropical tank. They also, if I remember correctly, reach a good size, so a big tank would be needed.

As for where to obtain one, I'm pretty sure they aren't sold but I think the babies (bright green) can be found in shallow waters.

Sorry for all the "I think"s, but I'm beyond my specialty here. :lol: You might be best off consulting reference books, or the aquarium staff.

Most reactions

trending

Back