Lucky

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

splasher72

Reaction score
Hi all, I have just started on fish keeping by mistake, Barr with me and I will tell you my story.
In my garden I had a 30 foot pond with 2 waterfalls after 10 years we decided it was time to have a change as all the fish had been eaten by cats when on holiday.
The pond was only 30f x 3 feet split into 3 sections, on emptying the last section we found him, now named Lucky, a small baby gold fish.
I had no tank so he spent the night in a bucket in my greenhouse then I brought a plastic box with lid for £5 and for 3 weeks he lived there, the weather was getting very cold so after getting some plants we decided to move Lucky to the computer room but he looked lonely, so he now has 2 small black molly's.
All 3 are getting on fine so of I go to Water World to buy a two foot tank, sand, gravel filter heater more plants.
Just thinking it would have been cheaper to keep the pond.
By the was my name is Reg.

Majority of gold fish should be in ponds. There is not a goldfish suitable for a 2 ft tank. The mollies however would be acceptable. Im guessing this is a 15, 20h, or odd ball sized tank. Perhaps you can rehome him and then you could add a couple more mollies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Just a correction on my first post.
The black molly's are Black Moors, the common goldfish "Lucky" will be going to a large pond soon.
The new tank had a small leak but new one on order.
I am going to use sand with a little colored gravel mixed in for planting.
I will heat the tank at 20c.
I would like to get a cat fish and some tropical fish as I progress.

Sounds like good plan. Make sure you show off your tanks and pond.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

You'll need a tank that's at least 100l to keep two moors properly.

Goldfish are very messy, bulky fish, so need large tanks and very good filtration.

Hi all, I have just started on fish keeping by mistake, Barr with me and I will tell you my story.
In my garden I had a 30 foot pond with 2 waterfalls after 10 years we decided it was time to have a change as all the fish had been eaten by cats when on holiday.
The pond was only 30f x 3 feet split into 3 sections, on emptying the last section we found him, now named Lucky, a small baby gold fish.
I had no tank so he spent the night in a bucket in my greenhouse then I brought a plastic box with lid for £5 and for 3 weeks he lived there, the weather was getting very cold so after getting some plants we decided to move Lucky to the computer room but he looked lonely, so he now has 2 small black molly's.
All 3 are getting on fine so of I go to Water World to buy a two foot tank, sand, gravel filter heater more plants.
Just thinking it would have been cheaper to keep the pond.
By the was my name is Reg.

Aww....he survived all alone. I'm so glad you found him and are taking care of him!
I'm glad you came here for help. Good luck with things and please keep us informed :)

All gold fish have gone down the road to a friend of my wife, they have a large pond.

Sounds like you have an empty tank sitting around.... That is always dangerous for the wallet !

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back