Low Light And High Light Plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

blendingshadow

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey,

New to tropical fish and new to setting the tank up.

I have setup the tank so far as the picture below shows. The image doesn't show it too well but there's a barrel with holes in the back right corner and I have tied Java Moss to the bottom side of the drift wood with cotton.

IMAG0012.jpg

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for plants that I could put under the wood where it's quite dark in comparison to the rest of the tank?

Also if an Anubias nana bonsai will settle on top of the drift and the resting bogwood (left side).

Any other suggestions for plants that could and would be good to use would be greatly appreciated.

Ta

I can't think of any plants that would grow in shadow like that; they all need a certain amount of light.

Any anubias would be happy to grow on the wood, but you'd need to tie it (or superglue it) into place, or it'll float about until it comes to rest somwhere, which may not be where you want it!

Incidentally, those plants with the green and white striped leaves aren't true aquatics and will only last a few months in your tank before dying off, so you'd be better off removing them now, so they don't pollute your water.

All these plants do well for me in low tech set up; Java fern, anubias, cryptocorynes, vallis (except the twisted, which needs harder water than I have, I think; I can't grow it anyway) Amazon swords, pygmy chain sword.

Love your tank, btw; very nice! That 3D background really sets it off very nicely :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back