Low light 2.5 gal betta tank plant suggestions?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi

While I am not normally a fan of anything under 5g, a 2,5 can work.

This is just my opinion.
I would keep it a low light tank, That means plants like Crypts and Anubias, I would also go with a hang on back filter or a Nano canister filter as these will give you some extra water volume and do not take up much space in or out of the tank. I once re-plumbed a 800 LPH canister filter that held about 5 liters of water to run on a 5 gallon betta cube.

Paint the back of the tank black, use water based matt black paint and a brush, you will need 3 coats.
Black gravel or sand.

Plant a few medium size crypts all over the rear 3?4 of the tank , 3 or 4 will do.
Get some Anubias nana , Tie and super glue 5 or so to some small rocks and arrange as you like, the rocks only need to be big enough to keep the plant on the bottom for a time, this keeps the rhizome above the substrate while the plants send roots into the substrate.

Next get a few more medium Anubias say 3 and attach them to the side of the tank with the top most leaves about 2 inches under water with suction cups this will give your Betta some place to rest.

Something like this.
c9d348a0548f65ca99738588f5195cdc--betta-tank-betta-fish.jpg
Thanks for your advice.

That's a beautiful tank that you have.

I already have a hang-on-back filter, adjusted to not be too strong for my betta and black planted tank substrate.

I might paint the back of the tank black, but I'm kind-of wary because if I don't like it, it's difficult to change.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I might paint the back of the tank black, but I'm kind-of wary because if I don't like it, it's difficult to change.
If you use a water based paint its easy to remove.

This is the tank I modified the canister for
687474703a2f2f6935392e74696e797069632e636f6d2f66636e7278632e6a7067

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back