Lost a cichlid in a water change!?!?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Ericag90

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so I just did a water change and I am missing a fish!?!? There is no possible way I vacuumed it out because the tubing is clear and I am very cautious! Also I checked where I dumped the water to triple check and NOTHING she is just gone!?!? I went thru all the gravel and hiding spots and I canā€™t find her anywhere!?!?!?

I was afraid I buried her while replacing the water but she is just GONE! Some of you are prolly thinking I am crazy lol which may be true but I canā€™t seem to figure it out! I know the one time the other blue cichlid I had hid for days and I couldnā€™t find him but this is different I removed everything 2 times looking for her and skimmed the gravel!

You either buried the fish, sucked it out, or it is hiding in the tank or jumped out.
Look around the tank on the floor and check outside again. Then wait and see if the fish appears tomorrow.

????I checked everywhere! I donā€™t see it jumping out....I will wait and see I suppose!

where was it, under a rock or did you bury it in the aquarium substrate?

She must have been under the gravel....I found her floating when I did the water change :( I swear I went all thru the gravel but apparently not good enough

so I just did a water change and I am missing a fish!?!? There is no possible way I vacuumed it out because the tubing is clear and I am very cautious! Also I checked where I dumped the water to triple check and NOTHING she is just gone!?!? I went thru all the gravel and hiding spots and I canā€™t find her anywhere!?!?!?

Places I've found ghost fish: A German Blue Ram regularly getting stuck swimming up clear tube from shrimp feeder. A rummy Nose Tetra swam into cholla wood and got stuck. A GBRam got its head stuck in metal moss wall mesh backing.
Fish & shrimp get crazy when frightened and do dumb things like jump out of tanks or hide in things they shouldn't and get stuck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back