Loose Filter Housing

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

liam74

Reaction score
evening all just a quick question, i have a juwel tank and the filter seems to float about a bit, what i want to know how can i stick the box to the tank, it looks like some form of sealant was orginally used, could i just use some aqua sealant to ask as glue ?

tia

liam :D

Hiya liam,

Juwel use a bonder, its a little more 'grippy' than sealer, and is usually black in colour. Juwel part number is 88350, but I guess you could use any aquatic sealer.

sub.

hi sub, thanks for rapid responce, this juwel gripper, is it available from lfs ? or is it mail order ? i asked about sealant as i use a sealant at work that is none toxic and is for use in water, but it dont mention fish tanks, we use it on sewage treatment works

reagrds

liam :D

Liam,

Just go to the place of fish death (or pets at home as it's more widely known), they have a tube of aquatic sealant for about £2. You'll only need about 5 blobs to re-stick it to the tank, i used it after having to remove the filter box from a rekord 70 that I aquired which needed cleaning, loads of crap between the glass and the filter box. Wouldn't buy the fish from there but the sealant is ok, and you must have one near to you.

Steve

P.s, after you re-stick it, give it about 24 hrs to seal

Most reactions

Back