Looks like burned fins of betta

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have 2 years old vt betta. His fins at border turned black and looks like burned and its cuts in pieces. He stay at water surface only.what is the problem with him?

Picture and short video please.

Is the water quality good?
Have you done anything to the tank in the last 2 weeks?
Is the water dechlorinated before being added to the tank?
If you are using well water, have you checked it for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, smell and clarity?

Water quality is good. But honestly i have not checked it now a days. I used same water for fry and other bettas.

Attachments

• IMG_20190404_131921.jpg
    IMG_20190404_131921.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 146
That looks like ammonia burn. Do a 75% water change daily until healed. Do you use Prime dechlorinator? I would recommend using it and doing methyl blue baths for several days. What are your water parameters?

That looks like ammonia burn. Do a 75% water change daily until healed. Do you use Prime dechlorinator? I would recommend using it and doing methyl blue baths for several days. What are your water parameters?
My water is chlorine free. But i havent checked water parameters. Ya im using salt water bath and methylene blue for treatment.

Don't give fish baths, You damage them every time you catch them and lift them out of the water.

if you want to treat the fish, just add salt and Methylene Blue to his tank and keep it in there for 2 weeks, then water change it out.

However, I wouldn't add any medication until you have checked the water in the tank and the water being used to do water changes. Chemical burns cause black edging to the fins and this needs to be ruled out before you add more chemicals to the tank.

Most reactions

Back