looking into getting fish online, need help!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ceci

Reaction score
So... I'm trying to get an Oscar that's not from Walmart any recommendations for a online provider?

live in gorgia

live aquaria or wetspot are two I have bought from...shipping , though, is quite expensive

I may not be getting one, as my rainbow shark is starting to outgrow her tank. but should I change it to the 20 gallon, I don't want to upset them, or make it sick if my water is bad. i'm also worried that it would attack the other fish.

( other fish include: plecostamous, and 2 platies)

s
Wait. Can we have a full list of fish and the full amount of tanks you have, statin which fish are in which tank?

sure, I have 1 20 gallon with 2 platies and one plecostamous, a 5 gallon with my rainbow shark, and a 3 gallon for my betta fish.

my rainbow shark was quite small but is now getting very large.

s

sure, I have 1 20 gallon with 2 platies and one plecostamous, a 5 gallon with my rainbow shark, and a 3 gallon for my betta fish.

my rainbow shark was quite small but is now getting very large.
Ok, your 20 gallon. Platies are fine, though what kind of pleco do you have? Yes, move the rainbow to a tank at LEAST 45 gallons, so your 50 is a good match. So, it does not look like you will have a big enough tank for an Oscar.

That is probably a common pleco, they will grow to 2 feet, and need massive tanks! You've got a problem ahead of you...
When he starts to out grow the tank I will just put him in a bigger one, but can my rainbow be put with the platies and llevo fir now till I get my 50 up and running safely

When he starts to out grow the tank I will just put him in a bigger one, but can my rainbow be put with the platies and llevo fir now till I get my 50 up and running safely
No, you cannot just "wait till he grows out" in this case. Plecos grow disturbingly fast, and you will need at least a 150 gallon tank. It's either, you put him in a big enough tank now or you rehome him to a person who can take care of him. Sorry if this was blunt, but plecos are one of the most misunderstood animals in the pet world.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back