Looking For Fish In The Philippines

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Chops126

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just recently got back into the hobby. So far so good establishing a 50 gal. planted aquarium and starting to slowly populate it with fish. I've been able to get a few Corys and some Black Neon Tetras who so far look like they're doing good.

I've been hoping to populate my tank with a few other species, but unfortunately I cannot find a lot of them here in the Philippines. I've been to the more commonly known fish stores (in Cartimar if you're from here) but can't find many of them. Similarly it's a bit difficult to get equipment (and other aquarium stuff) given that most shops stock only one or two brands or some fairly unknown ones. I was wondering if there are any people from here who could help me out.

I was looking to get some Ottos, more Corys, some more Tetras and especially Blue Rams for my tank. There is one store with "Bolivian Rams" although they look more like Blue Rams (hopefully just mis-labelled or identified) so I might get those first - but I'm still looking for some good quality Blue Rams.

Oh I'm also looking for a low volume additional filter to act as a supplimentary peat filter. The HOTB type filters don't fit due to the way aquariums re built here (I once used a HOTB Penguin a few years ago and had to have the aquarium specially made) - I bought an Aquaclear filter hoping it would fit but it doesn't...

Thanks to anyone who can help

Well, I don't really know. I work with some people from the Philippines, two of which where active members of the aquatic community when they lived there. We all work in a Pet shop down in the Caymans. If you don't get a response before August 20th, message me, I can ask them :good:

Thanks for the help DiscusLova. I'll keep that in mind. :good:

If there's anyone out there who does need a little help finding fish in the Philippines, I'm always glad to help out with what little I know about the more common LFSs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back