Looking For Companions To Go With Angelfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gazoo

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking for some input on fish that would be compatible with angelfish in a 55 US gallon (208 L). Something with color would be nice but nothing spazoid :hyper: like danios or pictus cats. Maybe rainbows?

It really depends on what your personal preferences are so it would be nice if you could tell us what characteristics you want.

It really depends on what your personal preferences are so it would be nice if you could tell us what characteristics you want.
Next week I'm going to start volunteering some time at a convalescent & rehab center. I offered to help maintain their existing tank that currently has two common plecos. I'm thinking of getting credit for them at my LFS and starting from scratch with angelfish. I think fish with a little personality that aren't shy would be a plus.

Before I add or remove anything I plan on making sure the water is in good condition.

I'm looking for some input on fish that would be compatible with angelfish in a 55 US gallon (208 L). Something with color would be nice but nothing spazoid :hyper: like danios or pictus cats. Maybe rainbows?

Hya mate, i got a suggestion for you, i Keep a shoal of red rainbows with my angels they go together great and the rainbows are really bright and colourfull, swim out in open and to front of tank, they have some character, have chases and sqwabbles with each other. thats wat i would suggest to you mate.

Can you keep Bolivian Ram's with Angelfish? They aren't skitz, have personality and aren't shy.

Bolivian. What a great suggestion, Ive got two with my angel fish they go gr8. The b.rams tend to stay at the lower levels of the tank.

i had success with severums, and gouramis, and actually sharks, with my angels, started them off together and it worked fine. my suggestion, just keep lots of hiding spots for them. u can get a lot of color with gouramis, and as far as i know rainbows work but i dont know much about them personally. just, nothing small, angel fish will snack.

Murphy

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back