Looking For Certain Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Jam97

Reaction score
Hi all, Iā€™m trying to do a theme for my tropical fish tank. A dark/goth theme! Iā€™m after creepy, interesting, dark looking fish thatā€™ll happily live together.
So far I have a Blind Cave Fish, Black Widow Tetras and Glass Catfish.
What other fish could I add in there?
Would LOVE a Ghost Knife Fish but Iā€™ve been told it would probably eat/attack what I have in my tank.
Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

How big is the tank and what is the general hardness (GH) and pH of the water?

Blind cave tetras and black widow tetras are renown fin nippers and will limit what other fish you can keep.

There are gudgeons (Mogurnda species) that hide in caves and can be a bit creepy.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

How big is the tank and what is the general hardness (GH) and pH of the water?

Blind cave tetras and black widow tetras are renown fin nippers and will limit what other fish you can keep.

There are gudgeons (Mogurnda species) that hide in caves and can be a bit creepy.

Hi my PH is 7.2, how do I test for the GH

You can buy general hardness (GH) & carbonate hardness (KH) test kits from pet shops or online. GH is more important than KH.

You can contact your water supply company (telephone or website) and ask them what the GH is.

You can take a glass full of tank water and a glass full of tap water to your local pet shop and ask them to test the GH for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the test. It's a good idea to get the tank and tap water tested just in case there is something in the tank that is increasing the GH. However, if you only get one water sample tested, get the tap water tested for GH. :)

Would LOVE a Ghost Knife Fish

How big is the tank? BGK's grow big and need a BIG tank at least 6 to 8 foot long over 2 foot deep and over 2 foot wide.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back