Look What I Found Today!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mamashack

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Was just checking up on the shrimp in my 60L and look what I spotted grazing on the gravel....................
10616458_349260741897102_7050878155076633349_n.jpg

....... a baby assassin snail - it's about 5mm in length and I couldn't be more thrilled!
It's really made my day!

Aw! It's really nice finding new life in the tank :)

:)

I love finding tiny weeny new Assassin Snails, soooo cute :)

Thank you both! I'm still grinning from ear to ear! lol

AW it's cute :) I have apple snails and mystery snails in my tank, they catch a lift on the plants I get from my LFS :)

yea. ii brought some snails from a pond onece. only about five. guess how many i ended up with in a time span of 3 months?

OpticNinja said:
yea. ii brought some snails from a pond onece. only about five. guess how many i ended up with in a time span of 3 months?

millions? :lol:

Only joking, you can get Assassin Snails to help control pond / pest snail populations, wont be a quick remedy but it does work....eventually :lol:

Humane snail traps in form of plastic box with holes and even inverted plastic bottles do work with food for snails as the lure.

nah. only about 100-150, i got a clown loach. i bet he thought he was in heaven :D he ate em al up within a week

Congratulations Mamashack. I cNt wait to see my babies trolling the waters, we have eggs so hopefully a few will survive

Thanks, LilyRose. I never even saw any eggs so it was a lovely surprise!

Have you only hot one. My brother got some new plants from the local fish shop and now he has 10-15 in his tank I think I might have to sneak some in to my tanks

Actually I've seen another one only this week so there may be even more that I don't know about.

Certainly possible there may be more assassins, they do spend a lot of time under substrate and comes out to say hello once in a while :lol:

Get an algae wafer, they seem to love that.

Well, at least my assassins does, when i chuck in an algae wafer, they come out in droves ;)

I had one assassin in the 30L that disappeared into the substrate for several months and only came out once I'd replaced it. Thought I was seeing double! lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back