Long White Stringy Poo

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

skimpy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Some of you will have read that I have been having problems with my mollies lately and have treated the tank with Interpet No 9 for internal bacterial infection on Friday.

The long white stringy poo is still there and on my Bristlenose it is about 4-5 inchs long, and now I have just noticed three of my fry with long white stringy poo, about 1 inch long (these are small fry 6/7 weeks old). My fry are not even in the same tank and have had no treatment at all.

Ok fed fish bloodworm thurs, flake Fri, Bloodwork Sat, Flake Sun plus alternately cucumber and algae wafers.

Fed Fry Liquidfry No2 and No3 every day.

I will be re-treating the tank (after 4 days) that equals Tues with the Interpet Medication.

Has anyone any other suggestions, am I treating for the right thing. If it was worms instead of bacterial infection would I not see other symptons ????

Water = PH 7.2, Am 0, NitrIte 0, NitrAte 20, GH 5 dh

:/ :/ :/

don't know what to tell you, other than that after my black sailfin molly was getting over an ICH infection, his poop was white and stringy for a few days until it finally cleared up and went back to normal. I wish I had some advice for you! Best of luck.

Remember that aquarium salt is always a good thing to add, to remove the carbon from your filter when you medicate your tank, and to regularly do 20% water changes and water parameter checks. I realize you already know this stuff since its basic, I just feel better throwing it in, and makes me feel like maybe I helped you more or something! :p :/

Stringy poo is also a sign of constipation. Cut back on the high protein bloodworm for a week or so and stick with the flake and cucumber. :)

Remember that aquarium salt is always a good thing to add, to remove the carbon from your filter when you medicate your tank, and to regularly do 20% water changes and water parameter checks. I realize you already know this stuff since its basic, I just feel better throwing it in, and makes me feel like maybe I helped you more or something!

Never hurts to be reminded of any of the basics, so thanks JacopoFishy

Stringy poo is also a sign of constipation. Cut back on the high protein bloodworm for a week or so and stick with the flake and cucumber.

Didn't know it was a sign of constipation, thanks CathyG

BlueIce said:
White stringy poop means internal parasites.
If the fish is still eating,soak the food in a little warm water mixed with Metronidazole.If it is not eating,move to a hospital tank and treat the water with Metronidazole.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...9&N=2004+113017
I wonder. My Emperor Tetra (only one or two times) had a long hair thin transparent feces. The other day, my Angel fish did too. It was not white, but not a normal feces. All the fish are eating great and only happened then. The Angels and Tetra feces are fine now. Should I treat the fish with the Metronidazole to be safe? Or, does this happen everytime they made feces? I'm kinda of worried now. Since it happened only a few times, I thought it was ok. After reading this, maybe I have a issue :blink:

Melfice said:
BlueIce said:
White stringy poop means internal parasites.
If the fish is still eating,soak the food in a little warm water mixed with Metronidazole.If it is not eating,move to a hospital tank and treat the water with Metronidazole.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...9&N=2004+113017
I wonder. My Emperor Tetra (only one or two times) had a long hair thin transparent feces. The other day, my Angel fish did too. It was not white, but not a normal feces. All the fish are eating great and only happened then. The Angels and Tetra feces are fine now. Should I treat the fish with the Metronidazole to be safe? Or, does this happen everytime they made feces? I'm kinda of worried now. Since it happened only a few times, I thought it was ok. After reading this, maybe I have a issue :blink:
Ok...for this thread. The feces is a pure white color? My Zebra Angel today has transparent feces (with little or no feces in it). There is a few bits of brown but it's not white in color. My question is, white = transparent or white as in color? I'm worried I might have a issue. I don't want to treat the tank unless it's needed.

Also, the Angel does not always have feces like this. Most of the time it's normal etc.

Most reactions

trending

Back