Lone Rainbow (Boesemani) Help From Rainbow Keepers Please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I took on a group of blind boesemani rainbows just over a year ago, they were quite old and slowly I have lost them one by one. I am left with a lone blind female, she feeds well and knows her way around the tank really well she has been on her own now since Christmas, but I know these do better in a group. Would adding others do her more harm than good ? They didnt seem like squabbling sort of fish, but with them all being blind I was not witnessing their true behaviour and never having had them before I do not know how they should behave. So should I or shouldnt I add some more? bearing in mind she is fairly old also, how old I do not know.

Thanks in advance.

I've not kept boesemanni, but it would seem to me that unless you plan to keep rainbows long term adding more would be a bad idea. 

As it is, you've done what you could for these fish, I'd just let her spend her final days alone.

I would like some more as I have become quite taken with them, I dont think she has too long left her colour is starting to fade so I might just leave her on her own until her time comes then get myself a group. That is unless I end up with different fish in need of a home.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back