Loads of algae on Sides of tank and on rocks!

Fish_n_Frys

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey,

i have loads of algae on the sides of my tank at the mo and I have bought a magnetic scrubber that u rub against the sides of your tank to get the algae off but it dosn't seem to work that well.

Im wondering is the only way to get it all to go away to scrub it off by hand? Or is there something that works and takes it all away?

I don't really want to scrub the sides of the tank with my hand becuase I have around 12 fry in there and I don't want to hurt them but lifting the rocks and stuff out of the water to clean them...

Have any suggestions? For longer replys please PM me :D

Hey,
thanks that really helped.... at least algae is not bad for the fish! I will just continue to clean it off the glass.... umm well i think the fish would like the light onso i will keep it on ... thx for ur help :D

ever thought of getting a snail, plecostamus, algea eater? snails are awesome, you never have to feed them, they eat everything that hits the floor and the other fish dont eat, so no hassle, and whateevr they walk over on the glass (including algea) they eat off right away, they seem to always be hungry lol

ahhh you've yet to discover the algae scraper then.

link to product

you fit a razor blade to the yellow part and just scrape it away. like a knife through butter.

your glass will be crystal clear in about 5 minutes. i use exactly the same scraper in my tanks every water change.

just dont slice your fish in two in the process.

Hey,
lol i have like a magnet thingy but it don't seem to work well.. so i think when i go back to the fish shop i will get it :D Thx. i was tarting to get desparate its runining the look of my tank... i got loads of new plants n fish but the walls just rin it its sometimes hard to see the fish :S
Missy x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back