Live Chat, Major Issue

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The-Wolf

Ex-LFS manager/ keeper of over 30 danio species
Reaction score
hi William
myself, helsekia and others are having problems entering live chat between 5pm and 10pm (UK time)
I have tried via mIRC, chatzilla and the java based client, using all 22 oftc servers, with no luck.
all I get is this
CHAT.jpg

then it disconnects after 5-10mins or so.

I find it odd that this happens during the same time frame everyday.
helsekia even gets autodisconected at around 5pm, if she managed to get inside in the first place.

I have tried OFTCs home page and can find no helpfull info or a contact us link.

William, if you are paying for a chat room, you deserve to get some cash back as many can not use it.
if you not paying, then it still needs sorting out anyway.

Frustratedly yours
The-Wolf

i agree with everything wolfs put up there^^^^^^^^^it is just so frustrating.some others have had problems as well,i know jones has given up even trying to get in!during the day no problem at all and gettin on the forum is fine,just not tff chat.pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease fix it :unsure:

please fix it! I'm not affected by it but it gets a lil quiet in chat without hel and wolfy :( :p

can we get a reply from William or at least a mod?

I was in there earlier today, and I was able to get in there now through IRC both times. I'll have to figure the time difference between where you are & where I am & try at the time you specify.

Ok, it's 9pm your time, and it runs for me. I wonder if it's a UK based server problem or someting. I'm no computer wizz, but my son is, I'll ask him once he wakes up.

according to my time stamp Tolak
you posted at 06:49 PM.
perhaps it is a UK thing, would be interesting to see if anyone else in the rest of the world has trouble at these times.

Not working for me either, but i never go in chat so not bothered.
Though I havent updated my java thing can't be bothered lol.

Finally got to ask the kid, he said that there is probably some sort of routing issue between where you are & OFTC, and to contact http://www.oftc.net/oftc/Staff and ask if there is anything messed up on their end.

that page tells us what the staff do, I can see no link to contact them.
the only link is for the ombudsman, but I don't feel this is an issue for them :/

I will just accept that when I get home from work, I can't get into chat so won't bother trying anymore.
If anyone wants to chat to me they'll have to MSN me (if I sign in to it that is :p )

There's a list of network operators furthur down the page, if you pm them while connected to oftc they may be able to help.

ok, managed to get an email addy for oftc
will await their responce

ok, managed to get an email addy for oftc
will await their responce

:good: My son is wondering what their response will be, he's into the computer tech stuff, and is my go to guy with anything program related.

yeah i was getting that the other day from home, was all day not set times

not had a reply from oftc
however I have had no trouble getting in for the last 4 days

was fixed but yet again for the past 4 days i cant get in,,,,,,best stick to msn i think :angry:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back