Live Bearing Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

IONMEL

Reaction score
i have molly's and guppies in my tank, how can you tell when there pregnant and how can you tell the molly's male from female?

i have molly's and guppies in my tank, how can you tell when there pregnant and how can you tell the molly's male from female?
Guppy thread by tokis Here
Know when its ready to drop fry by 5teady here

Also check out the livebearers area!

Most livebearers can carry fertilized eggs for a very, very long time. Sometimes people bring home only females thinking that will protect them from having to plan for fry but that is often not the case.

~~waterdrop~~

Mollys and guppies can definatly interbreed. I have a crazy half-breed to prove it :D

welcome to ttf!
they both will have virtually the same signs of pregnancy and gender.
first and foremost they will look pregnant (fatter than normal)
second of all...this is kinda hard to get a good angle but they will have a black spot by their anal fins.
and as far as sexing....the females anal fins will be perfectly round (its easy to tell) and males with have more pointed anal fins as well as a you know what in between the anal fins. also one thing i have noticed with my guppies is that the males will try to mate with each other. dont second guess the gender if this happens as guppies dont know who is what really.
also try posting topics about livebearing fish in the livebearers forum. replies for this kinda stuff will come much quicker, and remember if you need help and cant seem to get any replies swing by my profile and let me know i will be more than happy to help you.

male
Livebe6.jpg

female
P1010008.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back