Little Update On Fry, Eggs, Eggs And More Eggs.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mark122

Reaction score
Well things have been a little mad for a few weeks!

I have had 4 batches of eggs in the past few months. The first born on 6th October.

Out of 25 eggs in the first batch 10 have made it and are now in my main tank until my lfs has room/ or i get another tank :hey:

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

Second batch came about 2-3 weeks later same about 10 survived out of 20 eggs. And again are in my main tank.

DSC00524.jpg

Third and 4th batch came over 2 days from 2 different females, and are in my fry tank. I think there is about 30 of these.

And on friday night when i was watching my fish i saw them starting at it again. On friday night i got about 150 eggs. This morning my other female has started and i have managed to get about 100. I've now given up taking eggs out as i just wouldnt have the room.

DSC00503.jpg

I have done nothing in encourage them to spawn, so im guessing they must be happy! :)

Here's the parents...

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

As Coryoligist said a bit back, it's the spawning season. All my cories that do spawn are spawning like there is no tomorow. Especially the C. aeneus, they have spawned hundreds in multiple clutches on repeated days the last week, but the peppers are too. And the long fin albino babies I just got have spawned repeatedly this week. It's a Cory orgy! :lol:

nice one, congrats :D

wish mine would start spawning :(

what sort of behaviour or signs do you see when the corys start to spawn, just so i know what to look for incase im lucky and mine start ????

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back