Little Clear Balls On My Aquarium Walls

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Matt4u071

Reaction score
What the heck are these. They are in little patches on the walls so i know something laid them in my aquarium. I think or I added this water stuff that had live bacteria in it that was good for the aquarium. Is that it? Should i scrap them off?

What other fish are in your tank for starters? Livebearers don't lay eggs.

I have these in little patches over the heater and on the wall the heaters on. They are bubbles from my air filter. As soon as I put my hand in-I get covered in the same little round bubbles.

What the heck are these. They are in little patches on the walls so i know something laid them in my aquarium. I think or I added this water stuff that had live bacteria in it that was good for the aquarium. Is that it? Should i scrap them off?
I have pretty much the same thing in my tank now, but they are all over the aquarium walls. I can hardly scrape them off with a toothbrush or by hand, they seem to hang onto the walls pretty well.
My snails eat them though. Seems they appeared 2 days ago and can only be seen when I shine a white light onto them. They move with the current.

And they're not hydras, I'm not that lucky to get them, I wish they were. Lol.

Pest snail eggs would be my first guess for tiny gelatinous masses that contain even smaller white dots.

Pest snail eggs would be my first guess for tiny gelatinous masses that contain even smaller white dots.
Well, mine are all gone now but I don't see any extra pest snails. Since all 4 of my tank walls were full of those, I'd expect an army of pest snails to rise, but I don't see any extra pest snails, just the big one and 3 of his babies (2 of which I've taken out of my filter today, silly critters...)

It will be a week or more before those new pest snails are large enough to see easily.

It will be a week or more before those new pest snails are large enough to see easily.
O_O I foresee an ant colony's worth of pest snails. And a filter clogged with pest snails, since 2 of them seemed to munch on the sponge.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back