Lincolnshire Aquarist Society

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ian

plant your tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
It's about time a society started in Lincolnshire (being the second biggest county in the UK). It's been set up by a chap called Mark Cooling. It's not been set up long, so hopefully he/we all can make something of it.

The first meet is on Tuesday 27th September 2011 @ The V-Cafe - RAF Scampton.

here's the website

http://lincolnshirefishkeepers.weebly.com/index.html

if there are any questions Marks email is [email protected] or PM me and i'll forward any questions.

cheers

Ian

It's about time a society started in Lincolnshire (being the second biggest county in the UK). It's been set up by a chap called Mark Cooling. It's not been set up long, so hopefully he/we all can make something of it.

The first meet is on Tuesday 27th September 2011 @ The V-Cafe - RAF Scampton.

here's the website

http://lincolnshirefishkeepers.weebly.com/index.html

if there are any questions Marks email is [email protected] or PM me and i'll forward any questions.

cheers

Ian

Thank you for that Ian. :)

Anyone from the Lincolnshire or surrounding areas, please drop me a line if you are interested, in this new society.

Everybody is welcome, and it would be great to hear from you. My hope is that we can progress as a society, and be there to help anyone with an interest in fishkeeping.

Regards

Mark Cooling (Lincolnshire Aquarists Society)

glad i could help with it mark ...... one thing ive spotted though is theres no clear way in which to join up

Thanks for the input Peter, i'm sure Mark will be glad you're around. :good:

yeh i was the one that gave him the get up and go with it all ..... gave him all info needed on starting up an aquarist society as i run one myself .... its always good to have more around

Anyone from the Lincolnshire or surrounding areas, please drop me a line if you are interested, in this new society.

Everybody is welcome, and it would be great to hear from you. My hope is that we can progress as a society, and be there to help anyone with an interest in fishkeeping.

Regards

Hello Mark,
Did you get my e-mail reference LAS?

Regards
Steve.B

Regards

Hello Mark,
Did you get my e-mail reference LAS?

Regards
Steve.B

If you sent me a message Mark, I won't be able to see it. The message centre is blocked, which I assume is because I don't have enough posts.

How did the first meet go??

Regards
Steve.B

Hi Steve

I haven't had your message unfortunately.

The first meeting / informal get together was last Tuesday and went ok. We had 13 people attend, which was not bad for a first meeting. There were several people who keep Malawis in attendance. Must be something to do with the Lincolnshire (hard as hell) water.

What do you keep Steve?

Send me a message or email [email protected].

We also have a Facebook group and it would be good to add you on there as well.

We are looking at having a second meeting on the 25th of October at the same venue.

Hope to hear from you again.

Best wishes

Mark

Hi Steve

I haven't had your message unfortunately.

The first meeting / informal get together was last Tuesday and went ok. We had 13 people attend, which was not bad for a first meeting. There were several people who keep Malawis in attendance. Must be something to do with the Lincolnshire (hard as hell) water.

What do you keep Steve?

Send me a message or email [email protected].

We also have a Facebook group and it would be good to add you on there as well.

We are looking at having a second meeting on the 25th of October at the same venue.

Hope to hear from you again.

Best wishes

Mark

Hello Mark,

I did send you an e-mail to the yahoo address.......must have been lost in the ether :)

I've resent the email but was just introducing myself.......

I live in Scothern just down the road from you and saw your advert in Perrys.
I have a couple of marine tanks and have kept fresh trops in the past.

I tried to get a Lincolnshire Reefers club set up a while ago but it was with limited success. We had 3 meets but it was hard to get people to commit to any dates and it has fallen away somewhat. There is a club section on another forum and we had about 35 members at one point, but the guy that was running it is closing his tank down, so I will see about resurecting it and posting about your new club.

I'm also an 'Admin' on a Nano orientated forum, so will post up a notice and a link to your site on our website.

Any help or info don't hesitate to get in touch

Regards
Steve.B

Next time I update my website I shall put LAS in the links page. It can be next month's main page announcement too :)

Andy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back